Saturday, August 28, 2010

Change.

"I must learn to love the fool in me... the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries."


- Theodore Isaac Rubin


After having a very in-depth, raw and honest conversation with a new friend last night (who had spend hours reading one of my previous blogs - terrifying though), it occurred to me that the amazingness other people see in me is something I may never be able to see in myself.


It's easy to look at someone, especially someone new, and see their potential. Their light. Their beauty, intelligence, artfulness, etc. I fall in love with each new person in my life quickly and continue to be in awe of them for months.


But I can't fathom someone feeling that about me. I would point out every flaw to you if I felt there was enough room on this page.


I need to embrace my qualities that make me ME, end of story. I put myself out there, day after day, sometimes being genuine and sometimes faking it until I make it, with absolutely no respect for the unique human being I am.


That's gotta change.

No comments:

Post a Comment